Software Engineer II
*** Immediate Opening ***
Booker DiMaio is looking for Software Engineer II to support an existing client.
The Software Engineer II will be instrumental in supporting the workforce. Qualified candidates must have experience with software development processes, agile process, with the ability to translate technical requirements between the Systems Engineering and Software Development teams. Candidate must be a self-starter, team player, with good communication and presentation skills. System involves distributed computation/steaming on a cloud infrastructure.
What you'll be doing:
- Conditioning electronic documents for delivery to clustering algorithms
- The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies
appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements
analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features.
- Debug existing software and corrects defects.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
What we are looking for:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance, based on a current single scope background investigation (SSBI), as well as a favorable completion of Full Scope Polygraph completed by the U.S. Government
- Working well with a team
- Java Enterprise experience
- Java Script
- Experience with REST API
- Apache STORM and CAMEL experience
- RABBIT MQ experience
- Fourteen (14) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Choose Booker DiMaio:
Booker DiMaio is built upon a tremendous set of people-focused philosophies and principles. Here are a few benefit highlights:
- Paid Birthday (It’s your holiday!)
- Continuing education assistance
- Professional development allowance
- Very competitive Health and Wellness Benefits
- Gym Membership Coverage
- Flexible Time for work and play
- Highly competitive 401(k) plan, with employer contributions
- And more!
About Booker DiMaio:
Booker DiMaio, LLC (www.bookerdimaio.com). Booker DiMaio, King of Global Solutions, founded in 2010 by Department of Defense (DoD) Computer Engineers, is a Maryland based, minority-owned, SBA 8(a) Certified IT Consulting Firm, that offers a comprehensive suite of end-to-end Big Data ecosystem services for our clients; our solutions focus around the Internet of Things (IoT) in the following four key areas:
· DevOps/Cloud Computing
· Health IT
Booker DiMaio was established to meet the technological challenges of an increasingly globalized connected economy and the continual need to deliver faster, more reliable and secure IT solutions.
Booker DiMaio is a Maryland based, Equal Opportunity Educational Institution and EEO/Affirmative Action Employer committed to Excellence in Engineering through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation.