Systems Administrator - Expert
Description: The Sponsor is looking for a hands-on UNIX (RHEL and or Solaris) and SAN Systems Administrator to coordinate and execute technical activities with data center infrastructure management. The selected candidate will maintain and operate our physical and virtual servers and other infrastructure components that support complex applications within the office. This is a challenging job within a highly visible organization focused on real-world activities. This person will have responsibilities for a variety of system administrative activities including installations, configuration, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, monitoring and documentation of procedures in support of the IT environment. The person will also support the development team as required to ensure successful application deployments in support of the customers projects. Responsibilities may include Coordinates and conducts product installations, including patches Proactively monitors and manages system resources to optimize operating efficiency and performance Performs troubleshooting and diagnosing and correction of problems Writes scripts to automate system administrative tasks Maintains system documentation and logs - including configuration documentation, procedures, and the Shared Environment System Security Plan Maintains environment security and compliance Performs backups Performs system security administration functions, including creating customer accounts and managing roles and accesses Works with customers to plan for a schedule down time for maintenance reboots Keeps current with system technologies and best practices
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with a minimum of 4 to 6 years experience with Linux (RHEL or equivalent).
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience configuring, maintaining, integrating and managing operating systems and applications in a physical and virtual server environment to include development, test, and production environments.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with networking services (DNS, LDAP, SSH/SCP, Switches, Routers).
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with NetBackup or similar backup software.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with a complete array of systems administrations skills, including but not limited to SAN storage management, LDAP, scripting, backup, and other related supporting skills.
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with integrating diverse physical and virtual servers, network storage devices and other infrastructure components within complex architectures
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with integrating servers with diverse operating systems and other infrastructure components into a viable solution
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience adjusting to changing priorities.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Citrix and or VMware ESXi server virtualization
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with PKI and other encryption technologies
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience exhibiting teaming skills and collaborating within a cross-functional team. This includes communication skills, both written and oral, and explaining technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience configuring and implementing Fiber Channel
8. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with NetApp devices
9. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with SAN/NAS skills.