Software Quality Assurance Specialist/Applications Tester - Senior
Description: The Tester will provide testing support for division products related to asset management. Specifically, the Tester will participate in manual and automated testing. The resource will develop and successfully execute detailed test plans, procedures and scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration and acceptance testing. The Tester will be expected to Consult with the development and/or requirements teams to coordinate and test applications; Develop schedules; Create automated test scripts; Test applications for compliance with upgrades; Ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment; Ensure that specific software interfaces with both new and existing systems, per requirements; Build test environments to include configuring and installing appropriate software, as needed; Document the successes and failures of all executed test procedures; Maintain currency on tools, methodologies, technologies and programming languages used by the customer; Write correspondence, test plans, procedures and scenarios in accordance with customer policies. The Tester will also create scripts and convert manually intensive user interface testing scripts into automated tests using Selenium. The Tester will work with development project teams to assess their manual testing scenarios and scripts, and identify those that are suitable candidates for automation using Selenium or other automation tool/s. The Tester will then develop, test, and document the scripts so that they can be used to regression test the applications. The scripts should be developed and documented to a level that they can be maintained by Systems Integrators and Developers on the project team.
1. Minimum 3 years demonstrated on-the-job experience with full-life cycle software testing including test case development, test script development, application system and regression testing, and test results reporting.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience testing web-based systems.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with project managers to clarify requirements and test expectations.
4. Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team environment, while still being able to execute with minimal supervision.
5. Demonstrated experience testing IBM Maximo products.
2.Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Selenium test automation.
3. Demonstrated experience with design, development and maintenance of applications within the cloud environment. This can be for new applications development or the transition of legacy applications to the cloud environment.